September 2016 Update
This month's update includes information about the next generation BTEC qualifications in Engineering.
Follow updates for the new BTEC qualifications below. You will be able to access BTEC Nationals Engineering (2016) specification and resources, and get updated on the 2017 qualifications.
Training events available
An online introduction giving teaching professionals in schools the opportunity to explore the new BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Engineering, for first teaching from September 2017.
You’ll come away with a clear idea of:
- the course content
- the structure and assessment
- the materials on offer to support great teaching
- where your learners could go next with this qualification.
Keep an eye on the training page for future events on the new BTEC qualifications.
The Department for Education has announced the final 16-19 Performance Measures lists for England (2018 results).
We’re delighted to confirm that, in every sector, including Engineering, new BTEC National qualifications have been confirmed on the final Applied General or Tech Level lists and will:
- count towards 16-19 performance measures in England (summer 2018 results)
- be eligible for post-19 funding in England from September 2016.
To confirm which BTEC Nationals are included on the Applied General and Tech Level Lists in England, please click on the link below.