We’re delighted to let you know that our new Edexcel GCSE (9–1) Geography qualification has been accredited by Ofqual for first assessment in summer 2018.
Our brand-new course has been created to:
- support great geography teaching
- help all geography students become confident and successful geographers.
GCSE Geography A: Geographical Themes and Challenges
Our new GCSE Geography A specification takes a thematic approach, with content arranged by physical and human environments. It also enables students to explore the people-environment challenges we face in the UK.
GCSE Geography B: Investigating Geographical Issues
Our new GCSE Geography B course offers an issues-based approach with specification content organised by UK and global geography. It also includes a decision-making paper, which allows students to investigate people-environment issues on a global scale.
Want to know more?
Whether you want to explore the new specifications or have already got teaching underway, there's lots of support to help you every step of the way.
Our geography subject specialists are hosting a range of free face-to-face and online events to introduce you to our new courses:
- our free launch events are a great way to explore both the qualifications in more detail. More of these will be coming soon, now that we're accredited, so do keep an eye out for events emails from us to tell you where and when they'll be happening.
- we're also running free Getting Ready to Teach events now for each specification. These events will guide you through teaching approaches for the specification content including new topics, explore devising high-quality fieldwork and integrating GIS into lessons, as well as how to help your students prepare for the new exams and question types.
More free support online
From course planners and schemes of work to Getting Started Guides, there's lots of free support online to help you plan and teach the new GCSE Geography A and GCSE Geography B with confidence. Plenty more materials are coming soon, and we'll let you know as soon as they're available.
If you have any questions about the new course, you can email them to TeachingGeography@pearson.com.
Receive the latest news about our course and upcoming resources
We're going to be sending emails about our new courses, free support and upcoming events and published resources soon.* To make sure you and your colleagues don't miss out, sign up to receive GCSE emails from us.
* You don't have to purchase any resources, including those published by Pearson, to deliver our qualifications.