The Independent Assessor will spend a minimum of 90 minutes observing the apprentice during their normal course of work in their normal workplace. The Independent Assessor will be observing the apprentice on:
- Communicating effectively and handling information
- Demonstrating person centred care and support
- Treating people with dignity, respecting individual’s diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and preferences
- Showing respect and empathy for those they work with; having the courage to challenge areas of concern, be adaptable, reliable and consistent
- Working to best practice in carrying out delegated clinical duties
- Showing discretion and self-awareness
- Working as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when they are not sure
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- Using a range of techniques for infection prevention and control including waste management, hand wash and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Moving and positioning individuals, equipment and other items safely
The observation can take place in one session or in a number of bitesize observations. It is anticipated, that where possible, the observation will be completed on the same day.
The observation is ungraded above a pass.