Skilled for Life Initial Assessment Tool (IAT)
As part of the Skilled for Life framework, centres delivering a programme can access a free Initial Assessment Tool for Functional Skills in English and maths.
Try the Initial Assessment Tool
How can the Initial Assessment Tool (IAT) help me?
The IAT has been developed to:
- give you a simple way of assessing a learner's existing skills
- adapt to your learners' abilities and alter the type of questions according to their answers in the first half of the assessment.
You can also:
- View group profiles: Teachers and tutors have a personal login that enables them to securely view their learning groups' performance.
- Export profiles to a spreadsheet showing marks, level and time taken to complete the assessments.
- Change the screen colour for dyslexic learners: This functionality is operated in the actual test in the same way as our onscreen Functional Skills tests.
- Save the entire test to PDF to aid feedback: This can be saved to a desktop, memory stick or be printed out.
We've put together a deliverer's guide to give you more information on how to use the IAT.