Edexcel GCSE Music (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Music, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Music will learn to perform, compose and appreciate different types of music, developing critical and creative thinking, cultural, aesthetic and emotional awareness, and the ability to make music individually and as part of a group.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Music covers a wide range of areas to widen students’ engagement with the subject as a whole. The specification encourages diverse approaches to teaching the subject, as well as students’ evaluation of their own and others’ music.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Music:
- Set works will remain in place for the life of the specification, so there’s no need to keep buying new resources
- Allows the use of music technology in performance and as a compositional tool, exposing students to new ways of making music
- Separate assessments for performance, composing and listening/appraising
- Reduced written work and an emphasis on practical ability.