Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (9-1) from 2015
Training and events
Our events programme will help you deliver the new GCSE in Mathematics with confidence.
We run a number of GCSE (9-1) Mathematics events every term, including our free collaborative network events. You can visit our training page and book onto the events of your choice.
Pearson Head of Mathematics conferences, January 2018
We're delighted to announce that we're running five one-day Head of Mathematics conferences in January and February 2018.
These one-day conferences will give delegates the opportunity to get up to date with all the qualifciations in our maths portfolio and will include:
- feedback on the GCSE (9-1) Mathematics mocks and autumn papers
- looking at how to support low attainers
- support with short, medium and long-term planning using the Interactive Scheme of Work across 11-19
- updates on our new Entry Level Certificate in Maths, GCSE Statistics and the Edexcel Awards
- a tour of the new Maths Emporium
- KS5 updates on A level Mathematics, A level Statistics, Core Maths and AEA Maths.
These events will take place in London, Darlington, Taunton, Manchester and Birmingham. The cost is £36 (incl VAT) per person and lunch is included.
You can book your place by visiting our training page. Each course counts as 5 hours of CPD.
Live webinar - GCSE (9-1) Mathematics Summer 2017 exams review
Graham Cumming, from the Pearson Maths team, held a live webinar on Tuesday 31st October to share the findings from the performance of over 350,000 students in the summer 2017 GCSE (9-1) Mathematics exam series.
During the webinar Graham:
- shared analysis of the data gathered from the summer exams
- looked at the different types of questions on the papers
- identified questions that highlighted students' weaknesses
- identified questions that highlighted students' strengths.