Edexcel GCSE History A (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach Edexcel GCSE History A (The Making of the Modern World), including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE History A specification will investigate the past using a range of sources, looking at how history has been represented and interpreted for different reasons and purposes and how our historical knowledge helps us understand the present.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- History A
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE History A comprises four equally weighted units, each worth 25% and assessed through focused question papers, helping students plan their revision accordingly.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE History A:
- Wide choice of topics so you can tailor the course to your students’ needs
- Students study history in breadth and depth, develop source skills and consider representations of history through controlled assessment
- Assessment structure with four equally weighted units to give all students the chance to show what they can do
- Based on, and supporting progression to, our Edexcel A level History specification.