Edexcel GCSE History (2016)
Training and events
Join our history team at free events taking place across the country and online.
Mocks Marking Training Events - New
Mock exams will be key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during the new qualification. Our Mocks Marking Training events will help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of their achievement.
Course description and supporting documents
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face to face Mocks Marking Training events.
It will give you an overview of:
- the assessment requirements of the new specification
- the new types of questions that exist within the revised papers
- how mark schemes are developed to match the question asked
- some sample student responses to questions
- how we can support you in marking your students' work.
Free Getting Ready to Teach events
From autumn 2015 to spring 2017, we ran Getting Ready to Teach events for History GCSE (9-1) across the country and online. These events allowed delegates to:
- discover more about structure and content of the new specification
- discuss strategies for teaching the course
- explore question papers and mark schemes for each exam
- hear about the support available to guide you through these changes
- get answers to your questions about the new course.
To support teachers who were unable to attend an event, we've made the materials available in two different formats below.
Access the full Getting Ready to Teach training materials
The full materials used at the 5-hour face-to-face events are given below. The main presentation has embedded notes that will talk you through the specification content and assessment and tell you what other documents you will need to access along the way.
Simply follow these two easy steps:
Open the document called 'GCSE History Getting ready to Teach walkthrough 2016' and scroll through each page.
When you are prompted to refer to another document, simply find that document below and click on it to open.