Edexcel GCSE Geography A (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach Edexcel GCSE Geography A, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE Geography A specification will develop their knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts and their relevance to our changing world, focusing on both natural and human environments, from local to global.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Geography A
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE Geography A covers a wide choice of exciting, contemporary topics reflecting the world we live in, with greater focus on climate change, sustainability, and the geographical skills that employers expect.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE Geography A:
- Scope to personalise the course to your interests and location
- Fewer case studies – instead, you can base lessons on real-world events as they happen
- A single controlled assessment with titles available two years in advance to help with your planning
- Clear units consisting of geographical skills and challenges, physical and human geography and a fieldwork investigation.
We've produced ten short presentations on key topics to support the teaching and learning of Edexcel GCSE Geography B Unit 1 and Edexcel GCSE Geography A Unit 2. You can watch them by playing the playlist below.