Edexcel GCSE Design and Technology - Food Technology (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Design and Technology - Food Technology, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Food Technology will learn about a wide range of topics including special diets, sports nutrition, sustainability, and multi-cultural and celebration foods, designing food products and testing and tasting their ideas.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Design and Technology - Food Technology
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Food Technology enables students to develop a whole range of creative designing and making skills, technical knowledge and product understanding, as well as transferable skills such as problem solving and time management.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Food Technology:
- Clear, accessible assessment structure which is explicit about the content you need to cover and what the student needs to demonstrate
- Flexibility and choice in the 'design and make' activity: students can design one product and make another, or design and make one product
- Easy-to-use assessment grids
- Accessible papers to help both teachers and students prepare for assessment with clear and concise mark schemes.