Edexcel GCSE Art and Design (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Art and Design, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Art and Design will develop the creativity, technical skills, aesthetic understanding and cultural knowledge required to express and interpret original ideas through art, craft and design.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Art and Design
- Specification codes:
Fine Art (2FA01, 3FA01)
Three-Dimensional Design (2TD01, 3TD01)
Textile Design (2TE01, 3TE01)
Photography - Lens and Light-based Media (2PY01, 3PY01)
Graphic Communication (2GC01, 3GC01)
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Art and Design gives you the flexibility to combine a full range of endorsements focusing on art and design practice, as well as enabling students to develop their theoretical knowledge and understanding.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Art and Design:
- Two-unit structure, maximising choice and flexibility
- No forbidden endorsement combinations
- Allows students to work with both traditional and new media in all endorsements
- Allows students to work solely with new media within any endorsement
- A more accessible, easy-to-apply marking grid
- Unit content and assessment appropriate and accessible to students of varied experience and abilities.