Edexcel GCSEs EBacc
The English Baccalaureate (EBacc)
The English Baccalaureate (EBacc) is a performance measure for any student who achieves good GCSE or accredited Certificate passes in English, mathematics, history or geography, two sciences and a language.
The importance of a balanced curriculum
A balanced curriculum is important to help all students fulfil their potential, whatever their educational needs and learning goals.
Supporting your curriculum development in a changing landscape
Breadth of qualifications
Pearson is the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications. Our broad curriculum offer includes GCSE, International GCSE, the Edexcel Certificate and BTEC qualifications to help you deliver a balanced curriculum.
All our qualifications are supported by:
- A range of teaching and learning resources from Pearson and other publishers
- Training from Pearson - face-to-face, online or customised training so you can choose where, when and how you want to be trained
- Subject Advisors - who provide subject-specific advice and guidance.
Our EBacc GCSE subjects
- English: more ways to engage students
- Mathematics: engaging specifications, clear exam papers and exceptional support
- Sciences: a choice of individual or integrated sciences
- Languages: more choice and control over what you teach
- Geography: with added flexibility to design a course to meet students’ needs
- History: more choice to teach the topics you want.
To find out more about our EBacc GCSE subjects and the support available, select a subject from the GCSE homepage: