Find out more about our Digital Applications (CiDA/DiDA) qualifications, why you should take them and how you’ll be assessed.  

Read more

Our Certificate in Digital Applications (CiDA) and Diploma in Digital Applications (DiDA) are vocational qualifications developed at levels 1 and 2 for creative learners with a passion for digital content.

The next generation of Digital Applications qualifications, they’re based on the structure and content of the popular DiDA suite, which has been successfully delivered in UK schools for over 10 years.

If you taught the previous DiDA qualifications, you’ll notice that we’ve kept the changes to a minimum, while redeveloping them to comply with government recommendations for high-quality vocational qualifications. 

Our CiDA and DiDA qualifications aim to empower learners to play an active role in the digital sector rather than being simply consumers of digital content. Tailor-made to meet the needs of today’s creative industries, the qualifications cover imaging, creative multimedia, website development and computer game production.

CiDA and DiDA qualifications are ideal for students who want the opportunity to explore and acquire a broad understanding and knowledge of the creative digital industries, and the ability to apply that knowledge in practical contexts.  

The UK is a world leader in the creative digital industry. Our CiDA and DiDA qualifications aim to build on this technical innovation and creativity by engaging and enthusing young people with an interest in areas such as digital graphics, interactive multimedia products and computer games. The course gives students the chance to identify, engage with and apply the skills that contribute to the success of the industry.  

CiDA is a single award with 120 Guided Learning Hours (GLH). It is equivalent in size to a GCSE and graded A*-C.

  • Learners who successfully achieve CiDA at Level 1 will be awarded grades A*-C, which are equivalent in value to GCSE grades D-G.
  • Learners who successfully achieve CiDA at Level 2 will be awarded grades A*-C, which are equivalent in value to GCSE grades A*-C.

DiDA is a double award with 240 Guided Learning Hours (GLH). It is equivalent in size to 2 GCSEs and graded A*-C.

  • Learners who successfully achieve DiDA at Level 1 will be awarded grades A*-C, which are equivalent in value to 2 GCSE grades D-G.
  • Learners who successfully achieve DiDA at Level 2 will be awarded grades A*-C, which are equivalent in value to 2 GCSE grades A*-C.  

CiDA

CiDA at Level 1 consists of 2 units, both of which are internally assessed. Unit 1, Developing Web Products, is a mandatory unit which accounts for 25% of the
qualification. One of the following optional units makes up the remaining 75%:

  • Unit 2 - Creative Multimedia
  • Unit 3 - Artwork and Imaging
  • Unit 4 - Game Making

CiDA at Level 2 offers the same choice of units, but Unit 1 – Developing Web Products is externally assessed through a practical examination.  

DiDA

DiDA at Level 1 consists of 4 units, all of which are internally assessed. Unit 1,
Developing Web Products, and Unit 5, Coding for the Web, are mandatory units which
account for 25% of the qualification. Two of the following optional units make up the remaining 75%:

  • Unit 2 - Creative Multimedia
  • Unit 3 - Artwork and Imaging
  • Unit 4 - Game Making

DiDA at Level 2 offers the same choice of units, but Unit 1 – Developing Web Products and Unit 5 – Coding for the Web are externally assessed through a practical examination.

After completing a CiDA or DiDA qualification, you’ll have the foundation of knowledge and skills you need to progress to further study of computing and IT-related courses at level 3.