This year, we’ve created two brand-new opportunities for students to experience the BTEC Awards ceremony from a completely unique perspective.
The competitions have now closed. Make sure you come back soon to find out who the winners are.
An exclusive chance for your students to perform at the BTEC Awards 2017!
The BTEC Awards is all about showcasing talent, so this year we’re giving BTEC students the chance to put their skills in the spotlight – literally!
We've launched the BTEC Awards Showstopper Challenge: an open call for talented acts to come and perform before our star-studded crowd at the ceremony.
There are no set rules, except:
- The performance should be based on the theme of "The Future"
- Performances should be no more than 5 minutes long
- All performers must be current BTEC students aged 14 or above
The prize: The judging panel will select three winning acts (individuals and/or groups) who will be invited to attend and perform live at the BTEC Awards ceremony, to be held in London on Thursday 6th July. All performers will receive a special BTEC award and certificate.
How to enter
Entries must be made by the tutor/teacher of the performer/s involved. Tutors/teachers can enter as many acts from their BTEC class as they wish, but must complete separate entry forms for each. Students cannot enter the competition directly.
To enter your performer/s, please send the following by email to BTECawards@pearson.com with "BTEC Awards Showstoppers" and your centre name in the subject line:
- The completed entry form
- Copies of signed permission forms obtained from the parents/guardians of all performers aged 18 or under*
- A video of the performance (5 minutes maximum) under 300MB and supplied in MOV/MPEG-4/WMV format. Videos must be sent via a filesharing link (e.g. Dropbox) to BTECawards@pearson.com with “BTEC Awards Showstoppers” and your centre name in the subject line.
*Please note: Entries will not be judged unless all the relevant documents are signed and received by Pearson.
Deadline for entries: 30th April